Archive for the 'british' Category
Our very first vidcast - we hope to do more of these in the future, but keep 'em short and supplemental.
John's Uncle Al gifted him with a wonderful bottle of 10 Year Old Glenkinchie - which isn't in production anymore and that Tio Al has had forever. John was gracious enough to share the first sip with us - truly a once in a lifetime opportunity that we are incredibly thankful for.
- We are using Whiskey Rocks, as seen on Think Geek - but we got ours from Chapters/Indigo: http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/gifts/Whiskey-Rocks/837654927410-item.html These soapstone cubes cool the scotch while giving you the option to control how much water you'd like to add. Yes, we like our scotch at "castle temperature".
Thanks again, John and Tio Al for sharing!
This week we talk about more chocolate - the chocolate bars unique to and in common between the UK, USA and Canada. Then, we have a review for Big Boy Burgers in Whitby. Enjoy!
- Bulk Barn - http://www.bulkbarn.ca/en-ca/index.html
- Candy Freak by Steve Almond - http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/50906.Candyfreak
- Valomilk - http://www.valomilk.com/
- Lake Champlain Chocolates (home of the Five Star Bar) - http://www.lakechamplainchocolates.com/
- Clark Bar - http://www.necco.com/ourbrands/default.asp?brandid=9
Trinity Irish Pub's first annual Burns Dinner was a complete success! Join us for a run down of the fair Scotches and Scottish fare that we enjoyed on January 24, 2012.
- Trinity Irish Pub - http://www.trinityirishpub.ca/
- Scotland's Official Burns Night Website - http://www.scotland.org/culture/festivals/burns-night/
- The Black Grouse - http://www.thefamousgrouse.com/lda/
- The Macallan - http://www.themacallan.com/home.aspx
- Highland Park - http://www.highlandpark.co.uk/
- Laphroaig - http://www.laphroaig.com/
There's a new Irish pub in Whitby at the AMC Complex on Consumers Drive, and they are quickly becoming a ZFC favourite! Check out our episode on the Trinity Irish Pub, and if you're a local fan, get some tickets for their Robbie Burns Night!
At the beginning of May we went to Disney World in Orlando, FL. This is part one of our adventures in the Magic Kingdom and Epcot!
We went to the Canoe Museum in Peterborough ON back in February and had lunch at a great brew pub - The Old Stone Brewing Co. [http://www.facebook.com/album.php?fbid=1326342135034&id=1725355827&aid=35819. Here's the episode! For pictures, check out our facebook page -
Ah, a new year, and hopefully a good one for our listeners and us.
The Dubliner (1121 Dundas Street East, Whitby ON) - http://dubliner.ca/home.html
Shake, Rabble, Roll (939 Dundas St . W. Whitby ON) - http://shakerabbleroll.com/
This weeks episode is a rerun of our May 18th 2009 show about Canadian breakfast featuring The Rainbow in Oshawa and Hill's in Orillia. We're currently working on a cereal episode and need to do some further research before we put voice to recorder. Also, we might as well upload this one again since podbean seems to have misplaced the original ep.
We have a quite a potpourri episode for you today. Happy Labour/Labor Day! First, two local restaurant reviews: The Bull Dog Pub and Gold Boat Fish & Chips (that we so erroniously called Golden Sail - sorry!!). Then we move on to discuss another Oishimbo A La Carte Manga - Ramen and Gyoza are the topic of this edition. Enjoy and have a great long weekend!
- The Bull Dog Pub (600 Grandview Drive S., Oshawa ON) - http://www.thebulldogpuboshawa.ca/
- Gold Boat Fish & Chips (283 Dean Ave, Oshawa ON)- http://www.canpages.ca/page/ON/oshawa/gold-boat-fish-and-chips/5166427.html
- Oishimbo - Ramen & Gyoza - http://www.comicbookbin.com/oishinboalacarte003.html
- Maus - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maus