Archive for the 'eastern european eats' Category
In August we met up with our good friends Jamie and Daisy to explore Kingston. The only thing we really had planned was to take them out for dinner at the Kingston Brewing Company. We found lots of great places to eat, and they were good enough to come on the show and talk about what we discovered in Kingston together!
Slyboro Cider House (NY) - http://www.slyboro.com/ Kingston's Market Square - http://www.whatsonkingston.com/tourism/market/index.html Kingston Brewing Company - http://www.kingstonbrewing.ca/our_beer.html The Toucan - http://www.thetoucan.ca/ Star Diner - http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/242/1461612/restaurant/Ontario/Star-Diner-Kingston
No matter where you live, there is bound to be a farmer's market near you. Eating locally has never been easier! This episode is about just some of the many prepared food vendors at the Oshawa Center farmer's market.
Green Belt Fresh (Farmer's Market Locator for Ontario) - http://greenbeltfresh.ca/ A Taste of Russia - http://atasteofrussia.ca/locations.htm Kyoto Coffee - http://www.kyotocoffee.ca/ Sticklings Bakery - http://www.sticklingsbakery.com/
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all of our lovely listeners!
This episode is about some of our family traditions. We hope that everyone had a great holiday season and a very wonderful New Year. Thanks for sticking with us and continuing to listen and refer your friends to our little podcast.
Links of Interest:
- Nutroll - http://www.squidoo.com/nut-roll
- Let Them Eat Fruitcake! by Sara Dickerman - http://www.slate.com/id/2238779/
- George Washington's Egg Nog - http://cooking.cdkitchen.com/TheCompetentCook/195.html
- Alton Brown NPR Egg Nog Interview - http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=6597856
- Eggnog: Spike and Let it Sit, For Safety - http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=121615594
- Paska - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paska_(bread)