Archive for the 'french' Category
This week's episode talks about Kitchen Con by Trevor White, restaurant reviewing, 40 Creek Double Barrel Reserve and a bunch of other topics. We also went back to Azian, and had their house fried rice - expensive but SOOOOO good for a treat!
- Kitchen Con by Trevor White - http://www.kitchencon.com/index.htm">http://www.kitchencon.com/index.htm
- Glass House Grill - http://www.theglasshousegrille.com/
- Michelin Stars - http://www.michelinguide.com/us/index.html
- Ratatouille - http://disney.go.com/disneyvideos/animatedfilms/ratatouille/
- Zagat Guide - http://www.zagat.com/
- Lancaster PA Couple Arrested For Not Tipping - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/6637437/Couple-arrested-over-theft-for-refusing-to-tip-in-restaurant.html
- Azian - http://www.azian.ca/
- 40 Creek Double Barrel Reserve - http://www.canadianwhisky.org/reviews/forty-creek-double-barrel-reserve-40-alc-vol.html
- 100 mile diet episode - http://zweifatchicks.podbean.com/2009/06/22/ep-7-take-two-100-mile-diet/
- canola/rapeseed - http://www.grainscanada.gc.ca/rapeseed-colza/rcm-mrc-eng.htm
This week's episode is a book review of Anthony Bourdain's Kitchen Confidential. It's exploitational, but we can't necessarily say over-exaggerated. This episode isn't rated as "clean" because the book makes numerous references to alcohol and drug use, as well a informal dalliances with the opposite sex (I think I said that as polite as I possibly could). An entertaining read from someone who really has been there and done that (probably a few times), Boudain's Kitchen Confidential is the flag ship of restaurant exposés, that have influenced many others to write their own memoirs of how things really are in the kitchens of restaurants.
- Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bourdain - http://www.amazon.com/Kitchen-Confidential-Adventures-Culinary-Underbelly/dp/0060934913
- The Rise of The Superchef (BBC) - http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7908794.stm
- Reclaiming The Toothbrush Mustache - http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/features/2007/11/cohen200711
- Original Reggae Skinheads - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gPZFpWC9o4
Spencer came up to visit us the week of St. Patrick's. He's a fan of the podcast so there were a bunch of places he wanted to go, and as if we were going to deny him! The three of us checked out Rolling Pot (no pics, sorry - just check out our previous pictures and superimpose Spencer's jovial face into the scenes of your choice), The Rainbow, Viva Burritos, Go Believe Sushi, Teddy's and picked up pepperettes at the Three Little Pigs. Having him as a guest host and honourary Fat Chick was a blast! Hope you enjoy the episode as much as we enjoyed recording it.
- Bawls - http://www.bawls.com/
- Havana Club Rum - http://www.havana-club.com/en
- Three Little Pigs - http://www.courticefleamarket.com/food_directory.html
- Follow viva Burritos on facebook - http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=163453418452&ref=ts
Want to see more pics? Check out our album on facebook! - http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=13311&id=1725355827
We hated to say farewell to Montreal, but we shall definitely return again someday. So many delicious food and drink, so little time!
- Dunn's Famous Restaurant (1249 Metcalfe) - http://www.dunnsfamous.com/montreal_smoked_meat.htm
- Marche Bonsecour (350 rue St. Paul Est) - http://www.aviewoncities.com/montreal/marchebonsecours.htm
- Jacek Yerka - http://www.yerkaland.com/
- Kunst Bar Animation - http://www.whitehouseanimationinc.com/kunstbar.htm
- SpecialTea (corner of René-Lévesque and Clark) - http://specialtea.ca/
- Dragon's Beard Candy - http://montreal.about.com/od/foodwine/ss/dragon_beard_candy_johnny_chin.htm
- La Belle Gueule by Brasseurs RJ - http://www.brasseursrj.com/belle_gueule_an.htm
Our review and discussion on Last Chance to Eat by Gina Mallet, who explores how certain foods are in danger of being demonized and regulated to extinction. Gina is a food writer and critic for the National Post newspaper (Canada).
- Gina Mallet's Website - http://ginamallet.com/
- Anthony Bourdain's Travel Blog - http://anthony-bourdain-blog.travelchannel.com/
Links of Interest:
- My Life in France by Julia Child - http://www.amazon.com/My-Life-France-Julia-Child/dp/1400043468
- Mastering the Art of French Cooking - http://www.amazon.com/Mastering-Art-French-Cooking-1/dp/0394721780/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1250218227&sr=1-1
- Julie & Julie Official Website - http://www.julieandjulia.com/
- Julie/Julia Project Blog - http://blogs.salon.com/0001399/
- 6 Recipies Julia Child Would Want You to Cook - http://www.slate.com/id/2105213/
Please follow us on facebook, MySpace and twitter! You can find us under firstname.lastname@example.org. If you like what you hear, spread the word and tell your friends about us. Our theme music is "Hot Swing" by Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons "Attribution 3.0" http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0. This podcast is also protected under Creative Commons Attribuition 3 - copy it, share it, but please give credit!