Archive for the 'local favourites' Category
Sheila's alma mater is doing food education right with Bistro 67, a teaching restaurant that is putting food from the field first and foremost.
Episode 99 - Pompeii Pizza, Alton Brown Live, El Caballito Tequila y Tacos and the State of Craft Beer in Durham Region
- Pompeii Pizza (905-576-0415; 75 Celina St, Oshawa, ON)
- Alton Brown Live
- El Caballito Taquila y Tacos (416-628-9838; 220 King St W, Toronto, ON)
- Durham Craft Beer Festival July 11th 2015
- Zwei Fat Chicks Facebook Page
- Old Flame (Port Perry)
- County Durham Brewing Company (Pickering)
- Practically Irish (Pickering)
- 5 Paddles (Whitby)
- Brock St. Brewery (Whitby)
- Underdog's Brewhouse (Oshawa)
- Manantler (Bowmanville)
- Publican House Brewery (Peterborough)
- Smithworks Brewing Company (Peterborough) - not mentioned in the podcast, but an awesome place!!
We apologize for our long absence - things are finally starting to settle down for us, so hopefully we'll be able to go back to at least a monthly show schedule.
Update: Since we recorded this episode back in January, Bellwoods Brewery has added a kitchen. Make sure and add them on facebook and follow them on twitter to keep on the latest news! Stuttering John's also has a new menu, check it out! - http://www.stutteringjohns.com/ (19 Simcoe Street S, Oshawa ON)
- Lower Ossington Theatre - http://lowerossingtontheatre.com/
- Bellwoods Brewery (124 Ossington, Toronto ON) - http://bellwoodsbrewery.com/
- Forty Creek Copper Pot - http://www.fortycreekwhisky.com/Product%20pages/copper_pot.html
- Forty Creek Cream - http://www.fortycreekwhisky.com/Product%20pages/whisky_cream.html
- Keurig - http://www.keurig.ca/
- Markol - Keurig/Tassimo Vendor (1170 Simcoe Street North, Oshawa ON) - http://markcol.com/
RIP Great Canadian Popcorn Company, Beanz and Ichiban.
Oshawa's got a new restaurant downtown to scratch that vegetarian and communal itch, without leaving carnivores in the cold! Check out The Table on the web (http://thetablebycarol.ca/), twitter, facebook and most importantly in person: 20 Simcoe Street South, Oshawa, ON L1H 4G2. Here's our review of the restaurant that talks that talk and walks the walk.
In this week's episode, we explore two great Mexican restaurants that are great at different things: Mexican Lindo and Jimmy Guaco's. Check 'em out, and also look for Alexander Keith's new cider at the LCBO.
- Mexican Lindo - http://www.mexicolindooshawa.ca/
- Jimmy Guaco's - http://www.jimmyguacoburritos.com/
- Keith's Cider article - http://www.canadianbeernews.com/2012/03/27/labatt-adds-cider-to-alexander-keiths-line-up/
Sorry for the re-run, folks, but some stuff came up and we've been unable to record. Enjoy this blast from the past and consider eating close to home as the warm weather brings the farmers' markets out!
This week we talk about more chocolate - the chocolate bars unique to and in common between the UK, USA and Canada. Then, we have a review for Big Boy Burgers in Whitby. Enjoy!
- The Jersey Giant Pub - http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/10/132573/restaurant/St-Lawrence-Market-Old-Town/Jersey-Giant-Toronto
- St. Lawrence Market - http://www.stlawrencemarket.com/
- Brown Brothers Meat - http://www.yelp.ca/biz/brown-brothers-meat-toronto
- Kozlik's Mustard - http://www.mustardmaker.com/
- Geocaching - http://www.geocaching.com/
- Sneaky Dee's - http://sneaky-dees.com/home/
- Black Oak Brewing Company - http://blackoakbeer.com/
- Chocosol Fair Trade Chocolate - http://chocosol.posterous.com/
- The Sassy Lamb - http://www.thesassylamb.com/slsite/The_Sassy_Lamb/Home.html
- Stuttering John's (19 Simcoe st South, Oshawa, ON - 905-922-9336) - http://stutteringjohnsbistro.com/
- Té Bheag Gaelic Whiskey - http://www.gaelicwhisky.com/
- Bulldog Gin - http://www.bulldoggin.com/