Archive for the 'pot pourri/multisubject podcast' Category
Update: Since we recorded this episode back in January, Bellwoods Brewery has added a kitchen. Make sure and add them on facebook and follow them on twitter to keep on the latest news! Stuttering John's also has a new menu, check it out! - http://www.stutteringjohns.com/ (19 Simcoe Street S, Oshawa ON)
- Lower Ossington Theatre - http://lowerossingtontheatre.com/
- Bellwoods Brewery (124 Ossington, Toronto ON) - http://bellwoodsbrewery.com/
- Forty Creek Copper Pot - http://www.fortycreekwhisky.com/Product%20pages/copper_pot.html
- Forty Creek Cream - http://www.fortycreekwhisky.com/Product%20pages/whisky_cream.html
- Keurig - http://www.keurig.ca/
- Markol - Keurig/Tassimo Vendor (1170 Simcoe Street North, Oshawa ON) - http://markcol.com/
RIP Great Canadian Popcorn Company, Beanz and Ichiban.
Stuttering John's now has a food cart in front of the restaurant for quick BBQ fixes - be sure to try the pulled pork topped hotdogs! Also, we discuss the newly available on Netflix TED Talks: Chew on This series...and becoming 5 day vegetarians!
- Stuttering John's - http://stutteringjohnsbistro.com/
- TED Talks - http://www.ted.com/talks
- Mary Roach - http://www.maryroach.net/
- Jamie Oliver's School Dinners - http://www.jamieoliver.com/school-dinners
- Dan Barber - http://www.ted.com/speakers/dan_barber.html
- Eduardo Sousa's ethical fois gras site - http://www.lapateria.eu/home.html
- Jennifer Street Porter on the F Word with Gordan Ramsay - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJf6_cchSEE
- Jennifer 8. Lee - http://jenny8lee.com/
- Graham Hill - http://www.ted.com/talks/graham_hill_weekday_vegetarian.html
- 20 for 20 - http://allrecipes.com/howto/twenty-for-twenty-vegetarian-edition/
- post punk kitchen - http://www.theppk.com/
This week's episode feature three great places in Erie PA and two delicious drinks!
- Famous Dave's BBQ - http://www.famousdaves.com/
- Tickle's Deli (Erie, PA) - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tickles-Deli/290383773590
- The Brewerie - http://brewerie.com/
- The Famous Grouse/The Black Grouse Blended Scotch Whiskey - http://www.thefamousgrouse.com/lda/
- Dark and Stormy cocktail - http://www.goslingsrum.com/recipe_detail.asp?RecipeID=192
- tre sorelle (orillia, on) - http://www.tresorelleorillia.com/
- the brewerie (erie, pa) - http://brewerie.com/
- weighty matters blog - http://www.weightymatters.ca/
- stingy jack pumpkin ale (lavery brewing of erie, pa) - http://laverybrewing.com/ourbeers.php
This episode is three pretty unrelated things (except for the fact that all three things are unhealthy/fried). We still have Disney part 2 to edit and we just recorded an episode about Mill Street Brewery and Izumi fresh pressed sake made right in downtown Toronto! Try and stay cool everyone!
Happy Thanksgiving, Fellow Canadians!
This week's episode covers another installment of Oishimbo (this time an overview of Japanese cuisine), and reviews of a local Italian bakery and the Moon Festival offerings of Mandarin Buffet (pictures coming of the later as soon as they're off Tracy's phone).
- Oishimbo - Japanese Cuisine - http://comicsworthreading.com/2009/05/13/oishinbo-a-la-carte-1-japanese-cuisine/
- The Baker's Table (227 Bloor Street E, Oshawa ON, 905-435-1036) - http://www.yelp.ca/biz/bakers-table-oshawa
- Mandarin Buffet - http://www.mandarinbuffet.com/main.asp
This week's episode talks about Kitchen Con by Trevor White, restaurant reviewing, 40 Creek Double Barrel Reserve and a bunch of other topics. We also went back to Azian, and had their house fried rice - expensive but SOOOOO good for a treat!
- Kitchen Con by Trevor White - http://www.kitchencon.com/index.htm">http://www.kitchencon.com/index.htm
- Glass House Grill - http://www.theglasshousegrille.com/
- Michelin Stars - http://www.michelinguide.com/us/index.html
- Ratatouille - http://disney.go.com/disneyvideos/animatedfilms/ratatouille/
- Zagat Guide - http://www.zagat.com/
- Lancaster PA Couple Arrested For Not Tipping - http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/6637437/Couple-arrested-over-theft-for-refusing-to-tip-in-restaurant.html
- Azian - http://www.azian.ca/
- 40 Creek Double Barrel Reserve - http://www.canadianwhisky.org/reviews/forty-creek-double-barrel-reserve-40-alc-vol.html
- 100 mile diet episode - http://zweifatchicks.podbean.com/2009/06/22/ep-7-take-two-100-mile-diet/
- canola/rapeseed - http://www.grainscanada.gc.ca/rapeseed-colza/rcm-mrc-eng.htm
We have a quite a potpourri episode for you today. Happy Labour/Labor Day! First, two local restaurant reviews: The Bull Dog Pub and Gold Boat Fish & Chips (that we so erroniously called Golden Sail - sorry!!). Then we move on to discuss another Oishimbo A La Carte Manga - Ramen and Gyoza are the topic of this edition. Enjoy and have a great long weekend!
- The Bull Dog Pub (600 Grandview Drive S., Oshawa ON) - http://www.thebulldogpuboshawa.ca/
- Gold Boat Fish & Chips (283 Dean Ave, Oshawa ON)- http://www.canpages.ca/page/ON/oshawa/gold-boat-fish-and-chips/5166427.html
- Oishimbo - Ramen & Gyoza - http://www.comicbookbin.com/oishinboalacarte003.html
- Maus - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maus
This is a bit of a pot porri, with a short review about a great Persian place in Oshawa called Cyrus, discussion of french presses, fresh made Naan bread from Indian Biyani in Toronto and how to make a tandoori oven right in your own back yard (please follow all local and fire safety laws!).
- Cyrus Persian Restaurant (905-448-0892, 563 Ritson Road South, Oshawa ON) - http://www.newsdurhamregion.com/article/133107
- Indian Biyani (416-340-1254, 181, Dundas Street West, Toronto ON) - http://indian-biryani.com/index.php
- Good Eats - The Curious Case of Curry - http://www.instructables.com/id/Garbage-Can-and-Flower-Pot-Tandoor-Oven/
- French Press Coffee - http://gourmet-coffee-zone.com/french-press-howto.html
- Roasting Your Own Coffee - http://coffeegeek.com/guides/popperroasting
- Travel French Press - http://www.planetarydesign.uscategories.html?cataction=tabletops