Archive for the 'road food' Category
In August we met up with our good friends Jamie and Daisy to explore Kingston. The only thing we really had planned was to take them out for dinner at the Kingston Brewing Company. We found lots of great places to eat, and they were good enough to come on the show and talk about what we discovered in Kingston together!
Slyboro Cider House (NY) - http://www.slyboro.com/ Kingston's Market Square - http://www.whatsonkingston.com/tourism/market/index.html Kingston Brewing Company - http://www.kingstonbrewing.ca/our_beer.html The Toucan - http://www.thetoucan.ca/ Star Diner - http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/242/1461612/restaurant/Ontario/Star-Diner-Kingston
This episode covers the rest of Disney and the trip home from Florida, plus the first International Buffalo Wild Wings location, right here in Oshawa, Ontario!
At the beginning of May we went to Disney World in Orlando, FL. This is part one of our adventures in the Magic Kingdom and Epcot!
We greatly apologize for the lateness of our 50th episode, but it couldn't be helped since Sheila spent all of last week in Toronto working security for the G20 Summit. Here's a great episode for you though, of a rural Ontario tradition - Haugen's BBQ! They have amazing rotisserie chicken, and are a hub for many car cruises.
- Haugen's Chicken and Ribs BBQ - http://www.haugensbbq.com/
- Aha!! Chicken skin won't kill you quickly! - http://www.healthzone.ca/health/dietfitness/diet/article/788197--chicken-skin-good-for-you-after-all
- Delicious, tasty chicken in the Hopewell, PA area - http://www.haroldsinnrestaurant.com
Forgive the lateness of this episode, but moving really put us behind schedule. We'll try to make it up with a ZFC Snack this week though. Without further ado, art imitating life - food in games!
Links of Interest:
- Lord of the Rings Online - http://lotro.allakhazam.com/db/itemlist.html?itemslot=Food
- Everquest 2 - http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Food_and_drink
- Fable 2 Food Guide - http://www.fablefanboy.com/fable2/guides/food
- Fall Out 3 - http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_3_drugs_and_edibles
^ Example of 1950s style prepared foods from Fall Out 3 by Bethesda Softworks
- The Elder Scrolls - http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Ingredients
- Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/gta4/news.html?sid=6103350&mode=previews
- Cooking Mama - http://www.cookingmamacookoff.com/
- Root Beer Tapper - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tapper
- Pac Man - http://www.thepcmanwebsite.com/media/pacman_flash/
- Kingdom of Loathing - http://www.kingdomofloathing.com
- Cheapass Games - http://www.cheapass.com/
- Ninja Burger - http://ninjaburger.com/
- Wasabi! - http://www.zmangames.com/boardgames/wasabi.htm
On Highway 11, heading up to Ontario's cottage country, there's a great place to stop and grab a bite and ... you know... make a pit stop. Simple, good food at a great price - check it out if you're in the Georgian Bay or Muskoka region.
- Weber's Hamburgers (Highway 11, Ontario) - http://www.webers.com/
- Our Pictures on Flickr - http://www.flickr.com/photos/38326366@N03/sets/72157622333809112/
- The Sundial Inn - http://www.staynorth.com/html/orillia.html
- The Sundial, Urban Explored - http://urbexbarrie.blogspot.com/2008/02/sundial-inn.html
- The Gobbler - http://www.lileks.com/institute/motel/
- Teepee Hotels - http://www.gonomad.com/destinations/0203/lodging.html
The picture may be blurry, but the memories aren't - Primanti Brothers is an awesome place to go with friends. The Pittsburgh institution is one of our favourite places to stop for a sandwich.
Links of Interest:
- Primanti Brothers - http://www.primantibrothers.com/
- Pittsburgh Style Sandwhich from All Recipes - http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Pittsburgh-Style-Sandwich/Detail.aspx
- Pirates Want Everyone In Pittsburgh to Stop Staring at Them (The Onion) - http://www.theonion.com/content/news_briefs/pirates_want_everyone_in
- Pittsburgh Flooded June 23rd 2009 - http://www.usnews.com/blogs/paper-trail/2009/06/23/flood-ruins-more-than-3000-diplomas-at-university-of-pittsburgh.html
- WQED Sandwiches You Will Like - http://www.wqed.org/mag/web_extra/0902_sandwiches.shtml
Please follow us on facebook, MySpace and twitter! You can find us under firstname.lastname@example.org. If you like what you hear, spread the word and tell your friends about us. Our theme music is "Hot Swing" by Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons "Attribution 3.0" http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0. This podcast is also protected under Creative Commons Attribuition 3 - copy it, share it, but please give credit!