Archive for the 'scotch/irish whiskey' Category
Our very first vidcast - we hope to do more of these in the future, but keep 'em short and supplemental.
John's Uncle Al gifted him with a wonderful bottle of 10 Year Old Glenkinchie - which isn't in production anymore and that Tio Al has had forever. John was gracious enough to share the first sip with us - truly a once in a lifetime opportunity that we are incredibly thankful for.
- We are using Whiskey Rocks, as seen on Think Geek - but we got ours from Chapters/Indigo: http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/gifts/Whiskey-Rocks/837654927410-item.html These soapstone cubes cool the scotch while giving you the option to control how much water you'd like to add. Yes, we like our scotch at "castle temperature".
Thanks again, John and Tio Al for sharing!
- Stuttering John's (19 Simcoe st South, Oshawa, ON - 905-922-9336) - http://stutteringjohnsbistro.com/
- Té Bheag Gaelic Whiskey - http://www.gaelicwhisky.com/
- Bulldog Gin - http://www.bulldoggin.com/
Trinity Irish Pub's first annual Burns Dinner was a complete success! Join us for a run down of the fair Scotches and Scottish fare that we enjoyed on January 24, 2012.
- Trinity Irish Pub - http://www.trinityirishpub.ca/
- Scotland's Official Burns Night Website - http://www.scotland.org/culture/festivals/burns-night/
- The Black Grouse - http://www.thefamousgrouse.com/lda/
- The Macallan - http://www.themacallan.com/home.aspx
- Highland Park - http://www.highlandpark.co.uk/
- Laphroaig - http://www.laphroaig.com/
What a great time! We can't wait to go next year (and the dates are already set)! - http://www.foodandwineexpo.ca/sitepages/
- Highway 61 Southern BBQ - http://www.highway61.ca/
- Edo Sushi - http://www.edosushi.com/
- Hot Mama's Sauces - http://www.hotmamas.ca/
- Russian Sturgeon Caviar - http://www.rus-caviar.org/index.php
- Rodney's Oyster House - http://www.rodneysoysterhouse.com/
- Sanpellegrino - http://www.sanpellegrino.com/
- Mill Street Brewery - http://www.millstreetbrewery.com/
- Second Harvest Food Rescue Program - http://www.secondharvest.ca/
- Granville Island Brewing Company - http://gib.ca/
- Victoria Gin - http://www.victoriaspirits.com/
- Fever-Tree Best Tonic Water - http://fevertree.com/index.php
- Khortytsa Vodka - http://www.xvodka.ca/
- Muskoka Lakes Winery - http://www.cranberry.ca/Winery/home.html
- Auchentoshan - http://www.auchentoshan.com/age-check.aspx
- Bowmore Islay - http://www.bowmore.com/age-verification
Great Things We Forgot To Mention:
- McClelland Beers - http://www.mcclellandbeers.ca/
- Wines of Portugal - http://www.winesofportugal.info/?market=2
- Wines of German - http://www.germanwinecanada.org/
- Spearhead Brewery - http://www.spearheadbeer.com/index.php?id=2
- Royal Elephant Thai Fusion - http://www.royalelephant.ca/
This week's episode feature three great places in Erie PA and two delicious drinks!
- Famous Dave's BBQ - http://www.famousdaves.com/
- Tickle's Deli (Erie, PA) - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tickles-Deli/290383773590
- The Brewerie - http://brewerie.com/
- The Famous Grouse/The Black Grouse Blended Scotch Whiskey - http://www.thefamousgrouse.com/lda/
- Dark and Stormy cocktail - http://www.goslingsrum.com/recipe_detail.asp?RecipeID=192