Archive for the 'soul food' Category
The Zwei Fat Chicks are hoping you all are having a wonderful holiday! Here's a quick little show recapping our favourite restaurants, drinks and media of 2011. Enjoy and look for more episodes (3x a month) in the New Year!
This episode covers the rest of Disney and the trip home from Florida, plus the first International Buffalo Wild Wings location, right here in Oshawa, Ontario!
The good news: Sheila is now working full time. The bad news: We don't have as much time to go out for lunch anymore (since she's on midnights and is usually asleep while all the lunch specials winnow away). But, we are going to make an effort to put the podcast out at least bi-weekly, and we recently took a trip to Toronto!
- Not Just Noodles ((416) 960-8898, 570 Yonge St., Toronto ON) - http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/10/133935/restaurant/Downtown-University-of-Toronto/Not-Just-Noodles-Toronto
- Big Daddy's Crabshack & Oyster Bar - ((416) 599-5200, 212 King Street West, Toronto ON) - http://www.bigdaddys.ca/
Pictures will be forthcoming - but here is out episode about a small but amazing fried chicken chain in Ontario - Chick N' Joy. We also talk a bit about the origins of fried chicken and why it is associated with certain demographics...
- Chick N' Joy - http://chicknjoy.com/
- Food for Thought: Race, Region, Identity, and Foodways in the American South by Beth A. Latshaw - http://muse.jhu.edu/login?uri=/journals/southern_cultures/v015/15.4.latshaw.html
- Soul Food - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soul_food