Archive for the 'curry/indian' Category
This is a bit of a pot porri, with a short review about a great Persian place in Oshawa called Cyrus, discussion of french presses, fresh made Naan bread from Indian Biyani in Toronto and how to make a tandoori oven right in your own back yard (please follow all local and fire safety laws!).
- Cyrus Persian Restaurant (905-448-0892, 563 Ritson Road South, Oshawa ON) - http://www.newsdurhamregion.com/article/133107
- Indian Biyani (416-340-1254, 181, Dundas Street West, Toronto ON) - http://indian-biryani.com/index.php
- Good Eats - The Curious Case of Curry - http://www.instructables.com/id/Garbage-Can-and-Flower-Pot-Tandoor-Oven/
- French Press Coffee - http://gourmet-coffee-zone.com/french-press-howto.html
- Roasting Your Own Coffee - http://coffeegeek.com/guides/popperroasting
- Travel French Press - http://www.planetarydesign.uscategories.html?cataction=tabletops
This week's episode discusses a curry restaurant in Oshawa, as well as our respective first times eating at Indian or "Curry" restaurants. Mmmmm! Pardon the gratuitous Red Dwarf references. Tracy also does a quick review of yet another book about the pleasures of tasty adult beverages - Everyday Drinking by Kingsley Amis.
- Red Dwarf Official UK Site - http://www.reddwarf.co.uk/news/index.cfm
- Cafe of India (reopened in a new location! 1894B Mileground Rd., Morgantown WV) - http://www.cafeofindia.net/
- Tamarind Flavor of India (257 N. Craig Street, Pittburgh PA) - http://www.tamarindpa.com/tfi/index.shtml
- Curry Club (38 Simcoe St N, Oshawa ON) - http://www.goldbook.ca/ajax/Restaurants/16489_Curry-Club-Restaurant.html
- Everyday Drinking by Kingsley Amis - http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/399573.Everyday_Drinking