Archive for the 'fries with that' Category
This week's episode was supposed to be a straight up double review, but we ended up having a distinct favourite. Check out this episode for the run down on two Oshawa burger joints!
- The Patty Shack (24 King St. E, Oshawa, ON - 905 240-4424) - http://www.thepattyshack.ca/
- Five Guys Burgers and Fries (575 Laval Dr., Unit 10, Oshawa, ON - 905 728-8803) - http://fiveguys.ca/
In August we met up with our good friends Jamie and Daisy to explore Kingston. The only thing we really had planned was to take them out for dinner at the Kingston Brewing Company. We found lots of great places to eat, and they were good enough to come on the show and talk about what we discovered in Kingston together!
Slyboro Cider House (NY) - http://www.slyboro.com/ Kingston's Market Square - http://www.whatsonkingston.com/tourism/market/index.html Kingston Brewing Company - http://www.kingstonbrewing.ca/our_beer.html The Toucan - http://www.thetoucan.ca/ Star Diner - http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/242/1461612/restaurant/Ontario/Star-Diner-Kingston
This episode is three pretty unrelated things (except for the fact that all three things are unhealthy/fried). We still have Disney part 2 to edit and we just recorded an episode about Mill Street Brewery and Izumi fresh pressed sake made right in downtown Toronto! Try and stay cool everyone!
At the beginning of May we went to Disney World in Orlando, FL. This is part one of our adventures in the Magic Kingdom and Epcot!
Ah, a new year, and hopefully a good one for our listeners and us.
The Dubliner (1121 Dundas Street East, Whitby ON) - http://dubliner.ca/home.html
Shake, Rabble, Roll (939 Dundas St . W. Whitby ON) - http://shakerabbleroll.com/
This week's episode is a day early for Halloween! We discuss the delicious food at a reputedly haunted pub, Halloween's origins and different foods associated with it as well as other holidays that offer food to the dead. More pictures to come!
Pictures will be forthcoming - but here is out episode about a small but amazing fried chicken chain in Ontario - Chick N' Joy. We also talk a bit about the origins of fried chicken and why it is associated with certain demographics...
- Chick N' Joy - http://chicknjoy.com/
- Food for Thought: Race, Region, Identity, and Foodways in the American South by Beth A. Latshaw - http://muse.jhu.edu/login?uri=/journals/southern_cultures/v015/15.4.latshaw.html
- Soul Food - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soul_food
This weeks episode is a rerun of our May 18th 2009 show about Canadian breakfast featuring The Rainbow in Oshawa and Hill's in Orillia. We're currently working on a cereal episode and need to do some further research before we put voice to recorder. Also, we might as well upload this one again since podbean seems to have misplaced the original ep.
We have a quite a potpourri episode for you today. Happy Labour/Labor Day! First, two local restaurant reviews: The Bull Dog Pub and Gold Boat Fish & Chips (that we so erroniously called Golden Sail - sorry!!). Then we move on to discuss another Oishimbo A La Carte Manga - Ramen and Gyoza are the topic of this edition. Enjoy and have a great long weekend!
- The Bull Dog Pub (600 Grandview Drive S., Oshawa ON) - http://www.thebulldogpuboshawa.ca/
- Gold Boat Fish & Chips (283 Dean Ave, Oshawa ON)- http://www.canpages.ca/page/ON/oshawa/gold-boat-fish-and-chips/5166427.html
- Oishimbo - Ramen & Gyoza - http://www.comicbookbin.com/oishinboalacarte003.html
- Maus - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maus
We greatly apologize for the lateness of our 50th episode, but it couldn't be helped since Sheila spent all of last week in Toronto working security for the G20 Summit. Here's a great episode for you though, of a rural Ontario tradition - Haugen's BBQ! They have amazing rotisserie chicken, and are a hub for many car cruises.
- Haugen's Chicken and Ribs BBQ - http://www.haugensbbq.com/
- Aha!! Chicken skin won't kill you quickly! - http://www.healthzone.ca/health/dietfitness/diet/article/788197--chicken-skin-good-for-you-after-all
- Delicious, tasty chicken in the Hopewell, PA area - http://www.haroldsinnrestaurant.com