Archive for the 'liquor' Category
Update: Since we recorded this episode back in January, Bellwoods Brewery has added a kitchen. Make sure and add them on facebook and follow them on twitter to keep on the latest news! Stuttering John's also has a new menu, check it out! - http://www.stutteringjohns.com/ (19 Simcoe Street S, Oshawa ON)
- Lower Ossington Theatre - http://lowerossingtontheatre.com/
- Bellwoods Brewery (124 Ossington, Toronto ON) - http://bellwoodsbrewery.com/
- Forty Creek Copper Pot - http://www.fortycreekwhisky.com/Product%20pages/copper_pot.html
- Forty Creek Cream - http://www.fortycreekwhisky.com/Product%20pages/whisky_cream.html
- Keurig - http://www.keurig.ca/
- Markol - Keurig/Tassimo Vendor (1170 Simcoe Street North, Oshawa ON) - http://markcol.com/
RIP Great Canadian Popcorn Company, Beanz and Ichiban.
Sorry this episode came so late after the actual events, but better late then never, right? ;)
- Toronto Urban Adventures - http://www.torontourbanadventures.com/
- C'est What? (67 Front St E, Toronto ON)- http://www.cestwhat.ca/
- Betty's (240 King Street East, Toronto ON) - http://www.bettysonking.com/
- Mill Street (21 Tank House Lane [originally 55 Mill Street, Building 63], Toronto ON) - http://www.millstreetbrewery.com/
- Carmenere Chilean Wine and The Lost Grape of Bordeaux - http://www.slate.com/articles/life/drink/2010/12/the_lost_grape_of_bordeaux.html
- Olive It! (20 Broadleaf Avenue, Whitby ON) - http://tastingoliveit.ca or http://olivethat.ca/
Our very first vidcast - we hope to do more of these in the future, but keep 'em short and supplemental.
John's Uncle Al gifted him with a wonderful bottle of 10 Year Old Glenkinchie - which isn't in production anymore and that Tio Al has had forever. John was gracious enough to share the first sip with us - truly a once in a lifetime opportunity that we are incredibly thankful for.
- We are using Whiskey Rocks, as seen on Think Geek - but we got ours from Chapters/Indigo: http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/gifts/Whiskey-Rocks/837654927410-item.html These soapstone cubes cool the scotch while giving you the option to control how much water you'd like to add. Yes, we like our scotch at "castle temperature".
Thanks again, John and Tio Al for sharing!
- Stuttering John's (19 Simcoe st South, Oshawa, ON - 905-922-9336) - http://stutteringjohnsbistro.com/
- Té Bheag Gaelic Whiskey - http://www.gaelicwhisky.com/
- Bulldog Gin - http://www.bulldoggin.com/
Trinity Irish Pub's first annual Burns Dinner was a complete success! Join us for a run down of the fair Scotches and Scottish fare that we enjoyed on January 24, 2012.
- Trinity Irish Pub - http://www.trinityirishpub.ca/
- Scotland's Official Burns Night Website - http://www.scotland.org/culture/festivals/burns-night/
- The Black Grouse - http://www.thefamousgrouse.com/lda/
- The Macallan - http://www.themacallan.com/home.aspx
- Highland Park - http://www.highlandpark.co.uk/
- Laphroaig - http://www.laphroaig.com/
What a great time! We can't wait to go next year (and the dates are already set)! - http://www.foodandwineexpo.ca/sitepages/
- Highway 61 Southern BBQ - http://www.highway61.ca/
- Edo Sushi - http://www.edosushi.com/
- Hot Mama's Sauces - http://www.hotmamas.ca/
- Russian Sturgeon Caviar - http://www.rus-caviar.org/index.php
- Rodney's Oyster House - http://www.rodneysoysterhouse.com/
- Sanpellegrino - http://www.sanpellegrino.com/
- Mill Street Brewery - http://www.millstreetbrewery.com/
- Second Harvest Food Rescue Program - http://www.secondharvest.ca/
- Granville Island Brewing Company - http://gib.ca/
- Victoria Gin - http://www.victoriaspirits.com/
- Fever-Tree Best Tonic Water - http://fevertree.com/index.php
- Khortytsa Vodka - http://www.xvodka.ca/
- Muskoka Lakes Winery - http://www.cranberry.ca/Winery/home.html
- Auchentoshan - http://www.auchentoshan.com/age-check.aspx
- Bowmore Islay - http://www.bowmore.com/age-verification
Great Things We Forgot To Mention:
- McClelland Beers - http://www.mcclellandbeers.ca/
- Wines of Portugal - http://www.winesofportugal.info/?market=2
- Wines of German - http://www.germanwinecanada.org/
- Spearhead Brewery - http://www.spearheadbeer.com/index.php?id=2
- Royal Elephant Thai Fusion - http://www.royalelephant.ca/
This week's episode feature three great places in Erie PA and two delicious drinks!
- Famous Dave's BBQ - http://www.famousdaves.com/
- Tickle's Deli (Erie, PA) - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Tickles-Deli/290383773590
- The Brewerie - http://brewerie.com/
- The Famous Grouse/The Black Grouse Blended Scotch Whiskey - http://www.thefamousgrouse.com/lda/
- Dark and Stormy cocktail - http://www.goslingsrum.com/recipe_detail.asp?RecipeID=192
Sake that we tasted:
Nama-Nama - house sake, a real crowd pleaser
Teion Sakura - white wine-like sake
Genshu Nama-Nama - Full Octane sake goodness!
At the beginning of May we went to Disney World in Orlando, FL. This is part one of our adventures in the Magic Kingdom and Epcot!
This week's episode is a pubcast - as such, listener discretion is advised. There are a few eff bombs, and we are podcasting from a pub discussing adult beverages, so use your judgement when choosing to listen.
We discuss the documentary Beer Wars, which discusses how microbrews are fighting for space on shelves with the Big Three (Budweiser, Miller, Coors) in the USA. We also discuss other trivia, so pull your favourite pint (or other beverage) and tune in!
- Beer Wars - http://beerwarsmovie.com/
- Mike's Hard Lemonade (originating in Canada!)- http://www.mikeshardlemonade.ca/
- Dogfish Head - http://www.dogfish.com/
- Moon Shot Caffinated Beer - http://www.moonshotbeer.com/
- Sleeman Clear - http://www.sleeman.com/
- Gourmet Jello shots on book of joe - http://www.bookofjoe.com/2010/10/my-jello-americans-the-future-of-jello-shots.html
- How Jack Daniel Died - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Daniel