Archive for the 'Food' Category
Sheila's alma mater is doing food education right with Bistro 67, a teaching restaurant that is putting food from the field first and foremost.
Episode 99 - Pompeii Pizza, Alton Brown Live, El Caballito Tequila y Tacos and the State of Craft Beer in Durham Region
- Pompeii Pizza (905-576-0415; 75 Celina St, Oshawa, ON)
- Alton Brown Live
- El Caballito Taquila y Tacos (416-628-9838; 220 King St W, Toronto, ON)
- Durham Craft Beer Festival July 11th 2015
- Zwei Fat Chicks Facebook Page
- Old Flame (Port Perry)
- County Durham Brewing Company (Pickering)
- Practically Irish (Pickering)
- 5 Paddles (Whitby)
- Brock St. Brewery (Whitby)
- Underdog's Brewhouse (Oshawa)
- Manantler (Bowmanville)
- Publican House Brewery (Peterborough)
- Smithworks Brewing Company (Peterborough) - not mentioned in the podcast, but an awesome place!!
- Amsterdam Brewery (45 Esandar Drive, Toronto ON, (416)504-6882)- http://amsterdambeer.com/
- International Bittering Units (IBU) Chart - http://islandbeerclub.com/ibuchart.htm
- Five Paddles (10 Sunray Street, Unit #22, Whitby ON, (905) 665-3042)- http://5paddlesbrewing.com/
Update: Since we recorded this episode back in January, Bellwoods Brewery has added a kitchen. Make sure and add them on facebook and follow them on twitter to keep on the latest news! Stuttering John's also has a new menu, check it out! - http://www.stutteringjohns.com/ (19 Simcoe Street S, Oshawa ON)
- Lower Ossington Theatre - http://lowerossingtontheatre.com/
- Bellwoods Brewery (124 Ossington, Toronto ON) - http://bellwoodsbrewery.com/
- Forty Creek Copper Pot - http://www.fortycreekwhisky.com/Product%20pages/copper_pot.html
- Forty Creek Cream - http://www.fortycreekwhisky.com/Product%20pages/whisky_cream.html
- Keurig - http://www.keurig.ca/
- Markol - Keurig/Tassimo Vendor (1170 Simcoe Street North, Oshawa ON) - http://markcol.com/
RIP Great Canadian Popcorn Company, Beanz and Ichiban.
Sorry this episode came so late after the actual events, but better late then never, right? ;)
- Toronto Urban Adventures - http://www.torontourbanadventures.com/
- C'est What? (67 Front St E, Toronto ON)- http://www.cestwhat.ca/
- Betty's (240 King Street East, Toronto ON) - http://www.bettysonking.com/
- Mill Street (21 Tank House Lane [originally 55 Mill Street, Building 63], Toronto ON) - http://www.millstreetbrewery.com/
- Carmenere Chilean Wine and The Lost Grape of Bordeaux - http://www.slate.com/articles/life/drink/2010/12/the_lost_grape_of_bordeaux.html
- Olive It! (20 Broadleaf Avenue, Whitby ON) - http://tastingoliveit.ca or http://olivethat.ca/
Oshawa's got a new restaurant downtown to scratch that vegetarian and communal itch, without leaving carnivores in the cold! Check out The Table on the web (http://thetablebycarol.ca/), twitter, facebook and most importantly in person: 20 Simcoe Street South, Oshawa, ON L1H 4G2. Here's our review of the restaurant that talks that talk and walks the walk.
Hey Listeners, sorry we've been absent most of the summer but we've had a hectic couple of months! Sheila's now working a job opposite to Tracy's hours and we haven't had time to actually eat together. The good news is we're not going anywhere, just playing catch as catch can. Please enjoy our episode covering the first ever Kampai Sake Festival and a little bit more of an explanation as to where the podcast is going.
We're still doing research on a couple of great places and Tracy's in the middle of a book, so please enjoy part 2 of our Asian Double Feature!
- Jo's Brooklyn Bagel (814) 520-6246 (833 West 38th St, Erie PA) - http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/133/1510437/restaurant/Jos-Brooklyn-Bagel-Erie
- Lakeside Bagel (814) 734-8590 (318 W Plum St, Edinboro PA) - http://www.lakesidebagel.com/
- Slate article - A Short History of the Bagel - http://www.slate.com/articles/life/food/2008/11/a_short_history_of_the_bagel.html