Archive for the 'Oshawa ON' Category
Sheila's alma mater is doing food education right with Bistro 67, a teaching restaurant that is putting food from the field first and foremost.
Episode 99 - Pompeii Pizza, Alton Brown Live, El Caballito Tequila y Tacos and the State of Craft Beer in Durham Region
- Pompeii Pizza (905-576-0415; 75 Celina St, Oshawa, ON)
- Alton Brown Live
- El Caballito Taquila y Tacos (416-628-9838; 220 King St W, Toronto, ON)
- Durham Craft Beer Festival July 11th 2015
- Zwei Fat Chicks Facebook Page
- Old Flame (Port Perry)
- County Durham Brewing Company (Pickering)
- Practically Irish (Pickering)
- 5 Paddles (Whitby)
- Brock St. Brewery (Whitby)
- Underdog's Brewhouse (Oshawa)
- Manantler (Bowmanville)
- Publican House Brewery (Peterborough)
- Smithworks Brewing Company (Peterborough) - not mentioned in the podcast, but an awesome place!!
Update: Since we recorded this episode back in January, Bellwoods Brewery has added a kitchen. Make sure and add them on facebook and follow them on twitter to keep on the latest news! Stuttering John's also has a new menu, check it out! - http://www.stutteringjohns.com/ (19 Simcoe Street S, Oshawa ON)
- Lower Ossington Theatre - http://lowerossingtontheatre.com/
- Bellwoods Brewery (124 Ossington, Toronto ON) - http://bellwoodsbrewery.com/
- Forty Creek Copper Pot - http://www.fortycreekwhisky.com/Product%20pages/copper_pot.html
- Forty Creek Cream - http://www.fortycreekwhisky.com/Product%20pages/whisky_cream.html
- Keurig - http://www.keurig.ca/
- Markol - Keurig/Tassimo Vendor (1170 Simcoe Street North, Oshawa ON) - http://markcol.com/
RIP Great Canadian Popcorn Company, Beanz and Ichiban.
Oshawa's got a new restaurant downtown to scratch that vegetarian and communal itch, without leaving carnivores in the cold! Check out The Table on the web (http://thetablebycarol.ca/), twitter, facebook and most importantly in person: 20 Simcoe Street South, Oshawa, ON L1H 4G2. Here's our review of the restaurant that talks that talk and walks the walk.
- Stuttering John's (19 Simcoe st South, Oshawa, ON - 905-922-9336) - http://stutteringjohnsbistro.com/
- Té Bheag Gaelic Whiskey - http://www.gaelicwhisky.com/
- Bulldog Gin - http://www.bulldoggin.com/
Trinity Irish Pub's first annual Burns Dinner was a complete success! Join us for a run down of the fair Scotches and Scottish fare that we enjoyed on January 24, 2012.
- Trinity Irish Pub - http://www.trinityirishpub.ca/
- Scotland's Official Burns Night Website - http://www.scotland.org/culture/festivals/burns-night/
- The Black Grouse - http://www.thefamousgrouse.com/lda/
- The Macallan - http://www.themacallan.com/home.aspx
- Highland Park - http://www.highlandpark.co.uk/
- Laphroaig - http://www.laphroaig.com/
This week's episode was supposed to be a straight up double review, but we ended up having a distinct favourite. Check out this episode for the run down on two Oshawa burger joints!
- The Patty Shack (24 King St. E, Oshawa, ON - 905 240-4424) - http://www.thepattyshack.ca/
- Five Guys Burgers and Fries (575 Laval Dr., Unit 10, Oshawa, ON - 905 728-8803) - http://fiveguys.ca/
There's a new Irish pub in Whitby at the AMC Complex on Consumers Drive, and they are quickly becoming a ZFC favourite! Check out our episode on the Trinity Irish Pub, and if you're a local fan, get some tickets for their Robbie Burns Night!
This episode covers the rest of Disney and the trip home from Florida, plus the first International Buffalo Wild Wings location, right here in Oshawa, Ontario!
Welcome readers of the out standing webcomic Red String! We recently started advertising, and Red String was our maiden voyage into the world of ads through Project Wonderful.
This weeks episode is a review of the fancy sushi chain Ichiban and another volume of the Oishinbo series. Photos to come!
- Ichiban Sushi House Canada http://www.ichibansushi.com/
- Oishinbo - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oishinbo
- Fish, Sushi and Sashimi @ Library Thing - http://www.librarything.com/work/7859273