Archive for the 'adventurous eating' Category
We apologize for our long absence - things are finally starting to settle down for us, so hopefully we'll be able to go back to at least a monthly show schedule.
We're still doing research on a couple of great places and Tracy's in the middle of a book, so please enjoy part 2 of our Asian Double Feature!
Everyone loves it when an old friend comes over for dinner. And we love dim sum! This is a rerun of our 3rd episode, which was part 1 of an Asian Double Feature. We'll have a fresh episode up for you next week!
This week's episode is a review of The Devil's Picnic by Montreal author Taras Gresco... an exploration of forbidden foods in various cultures.
- Taras Gresco's website - http://www.tarasgrescoe.com/
- The Devil's Picnic - http://www.harpercollins.ca/books/Devils-Picnic-Grescoe-Taras/?isbn=9780002007801
Stuttering John's now has a food cart in front of the restaurant for quick BBQ fixes - be sure to try the pulled pork topped hotdogs! Also, we discuss the newly available on Netflix TED Talks: Chew on This series...and becoming 5 day vegetarians!
- Stuttering John's - http://stutteringjohnsbistro.com/
- TED Talks - http://www.ted.com/talks
- Mary Roach - http://www.maryroach.net/
- Jamie Oliver's School Dinners - http://www.jamieoliver.com/school-dinners
- Dan Barber - http://www.ted.com/speakers/dan_barber.html
- Eduardo Sousa's ethical fois gras site - http://www.lapateria.eu/home.html
- Jennifer Street Porter on the F Word with Gordan Ramsay - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJf6_cchSEE
- Jennifer 8. Lee - http://jenny8lee.com/
- Graham Hill - http://www.ted.com/talks/graham_hill_weekday_vegetarian.html
- 20 for 20 - http://allrecipes.com/howto/twenty-for-twenty-vegetarian-edition/
- post punk kitchen - http://www.theppk.com/
This week's episode is a book review of Anthony Bourdain's Medium Raw: A Bloody Valentine to the World of Food and the People Who Cook. Check it out!
Medium Raw on HarperCollins (Canada) - http://www.harpercollins.ca/books/Medium-Raw-Anthony-Bourdain/
Trinity Irish Pub's first annual Burns Dinner was a complete success! Join us for a run down of the fair Scotches and Scottish fare that we enjoyed on January 24, 2012.
- Trinity Irish Pub - http://www.trinityirishpub.ca/
- Scotland's Official Burns Night Website - http://www.scotland.org/culture/festivals/burns-night/
- The Black Grouse - http://www.thefamousgrouse.com/lda/
- The Macallan - http://www.themacallan.com/home.aspx
- Highland Park - http://www.highlandpark.co.uk/
- Laphroaig - http://www.laphroaig.com/
A month ago, we were at the Ex sampling some amazing food and drinks!
Welcome readers of the out standing webcomic Red String! We recently started advertising, and Red String was our maiden voyage into the world of ads through Project Wonderful.
This weeks episode is a review of the fancy sushi chain Ichiban and another volume of the Oishinbo series. Photos to come!
- Ichiban Sushi House Canada http://www.ichibansushi.com/
- Oishinbo - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oishinbo
- Fish, Sushi and Sashimi @ Library Thing - http://www.librarything.com/work/7859273
Happy Thanksgiving, Fellow Canadians!
This week's episode covers another installment of Oishimbo (this time an overview of Japanese cuisine), and reviews of a local Italian bakery and the Moon Festival offerings of Mandarin Buffet (pictures coming of the later as soon as they're off Tracy's phone).
- Oishimbo - Japanese Cuisine - http://comicsworthreading.com/2009/05/13/oishinbo-a-la-carte-1-japanese-cuisine/
- The Baker's Table (227 Bloor Street E, Oshawa ON, 905-435-1036) - http://www.yelp.ca/biz/bakers-table-oshawa
- Mandarin Buffet - http://www.mandarinbuffet.com/main.asp