Archive for the 'media review' Category
This week's episode is a review of The Devil's Picnic by Montreal author Taras Gresco... an exploration of forbidden foods in various cultures.
- Taras Gresco's website - http://www.tarasgrescoe.com/
- The Devil's Picnic - http://www.harpercollins.ca/books/Devils-Picnic-Grescoe-Taras/?isbn=9780002007801
Stuttering John's now has a food cart in front of the restaurant for quick BBQ fixes - be sure to try the pulled pork topped hotdogs! Also, we discuss the newly available on Netflix TED Talks: Chew on This series...and becoming 5 day vegetarians!
- Stuttering John's - http://stutteringjohnsbistro.com/
- TED Talks - http://www.ted.com/talks
- Mary Roach - http://www.maryroach.net/
- Jamie Oliver's School Dinners - http://www.jamieoliver.com/school-dinners
- Dan Barber - http://www.ted.com/speakers/dan_barber.html
- Eduardo Sousa's ethical fois gras site - http://www.lapateria.eu/home.html
- Jennifer Street Porter on the F Word with Gordan Ramsay - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJf6_cchSEE
- Jennifer 8. Lee - http://jenny8lee.com/
- Graham Hill - http://www.ted.com/talks/graham_hill_weekday_vegetarian.html
- 20 for 20 - http://allrecipes.com/howto/twenty-for-twenty-vegetarian-edition/
- post punk kitchen - http://www.theppk.com/
Sorry for the re-run, folks, but some stuff came up and we've been unable to record. Enjoy this blast from the past and consider eating close to home as the warm weather brings the farmers' markets out!
- Bulk Barn - http://www.bulkbarn.ca/en-ca/index.html
- Candy Freak by Steve Almond - http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/50906.Candyfreak
- Valomilk - http://www.valomilk.com/
- Lake Champlain Chocolates (home of the Five Star Bar) - http://www.lakechamplainchocolates.com/
- Clark Bar - http://www.necco.com/ourbrands/default.asp?brandid=9
Join us for a discussion on the origins and production of saké, and a tasting of four Junmai quality sakés: Sho Chiku Bai, Izumi, Hakusturu and Rihaku's Wandering Poet. We tried to be as accurate as possible, while sticking to our motto of "drink it how you like it". Much respect to the Toji near and far who make delicious saké - KANPAI!
- Sho Chinko Bai - http://www.takarasake.com/sake.php
- Izumi - http://ontariosake.com/
- Haiku Katana (Kingdom of Loathing Item) - http://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/index.php/Haiku_katana
- xxxHolic - http://www.funimation.com/xxxholic
- Blossom viewing party - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanami
- The Book of Sake by Hiroshi Kondo - http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4452654-book-of-sake
- Baijiu - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baijiu
- Maotai - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maotai
- Hakutsuru - http://www.hakutsuru-sake.com/top.html
- Rihaku (Wandering Poet) - http://esake.com/Brewers/RihakuB/rihakub.html
- E-sake - http://esake.com/
- Utsuwa-No-Yakata (Japanese tableware store, now closed) - http://www.utsuwa.ca/
- Sake drinkware - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sake_set
- Oishinbo - http://comicsworthreading.com/2009/03/24/oishinbo-a-la-carte-2-sake/
- Ozeki California Sake - http://www.ozekisake.com/
This week's episode is a book review of Anthony Bourdain's Medium Raw: A Bloody Valentine to the World of Food and the People Who Cook. Check it out!
Medium Raw on HarperCollins (Canada) - http://www.harpercollins.ca/books/Medium-Raw-Anthony-Bourdain/
This week's episode discusses The Botany of Desire by Michael Pollan.
The Zwei Fat Chicks are hoping you all are having a wonderful holiday! Here's a quick little show recapping our favourite restaurants, drinks and media of 2011. Enjoy and look for more episodes (3x a month) in the New Year!
This episode had to be re-recorded three times and then Sheila had to recreate the Outro since our hard drive crashed last week, so hopefully everyone enjoys this episode. Also, this is the first time we've recorded an episode on Tracy's iPod, so if you like the quality of it, let us know in an e-mail or facebook wall post. We'll be going on vacation next week, so as usual, the podcast remains irregular. Enjoy!
Welcome readers of the out standing webcomic Red String! We recently started advertising, and Red String was our maiden voyage into the world of ads through Project Wonderful.
This weeks episode is a review of the fancy sushi chain Ichiban and another volume of the Oishinbo series. Photos to come!
- Ichiban Sushi House Canada http://www.ichibansushi.com/
- Oishinbo - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oishinbo
- Fish, Sushi and Sashimi @ Library Thing - http://www.librarything.com/work/7859273