Archive for the 'taste test' Category
Our very first vidcast - we hope to do more of these in the future, but keep 'em short and supplemental.
John's Uncle Al gifted him with a wonderful bottle of 10 Year Old Glenkinchie - which isn't in production anymore and that Tio Al has had forever. John was gracious enough to share the first sip with us - truly a once in a lifetime opportunity that we are incredibly thankful for.
- We are using Whiskey Rocks, as seen on Think Geek - but we got ours from Chapters/Indigo: http://www.chapters.indigo.ca/gifts/Whiskey-Rocks/837654927410-item.html These soapstone cubes cool the scotch while giving you the option to control how much water you'd like to add. Yes, we like our scotch at "castle temperature".
Thanks again, John and Tio Al for sharing!
This week we talk about more chocolate - the chocolate bars unique to and in common between the UK, USA and Canada. Then, we have a review for Big Boy Burgers in Whitby. Enjoy!
Join us for a discussion on the origins and production of saké, and a tasting of four Junmai quality sakés: Sho Chiku Bai, Izumi, Hakusturu and Rihaku's Wandering Poet. We tried to be as accurate as possible, while sticking to our motto of "drink it how you like it". Much respect to the Toji near and far who make delicious saké - KANPAI!
- Sho Chinko Bai - http://www.takarasake.com/sake.php
- Izumi - http://ontariosake.com/
- Haiku Katana (Kingdom of Loathing Item) - http://kol.coldfront.net/thekolwiki/index.php/Haiku_katana
- xxxHolic - http://www.funimation.com/xxxholic
- Blossom viewing party - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanami
- The Book of Sake by Hiroshi Kondo - http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/4452654-book-of-sake
- Baijiu - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baijiu
- Maotai - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maotai
- Hakutsuru - http://www.hakutsuru-sake.com/top.html
- Rihaku (Wandering Poet) - http://esake.com/Brewers/RihakuB/rihakub.html
- E-sake - http://esake.com/
- Utsuwa-No-Yakata (Japanese tableware store, now closed) - http://www.utsuwa.ca/
- Sake drinkware - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sake_set
- Oishinbo - http://comicsworthreading.com/2009/03/24/oishinbo-a-la-carte-2-sake/
- Ozeki California Sake - http://www.ozekisake.com/
This week's episode was supposed to be a straight up double review, but we ended up having a distinct favourite. Check out this episode for the run down on two Oshawa burger joints!
- The Patty Shack (24 King St. E, Oshawa, ON - 905 240-4424) - http://www.thepattyshack.ca/
- Five Guys Burgers and Fries (575 Laval Dr., Unit 10, Oshawa, ON - 905 728-8803) - http://fiveguys.ca/
Feeling the post-Christmas crunch? Or just looking for a cheap, quick meal? Nothing stretches an already maximized budget like ramen noodles! A Chinese delicacy that was only available from restaurants until a post World War II Taiwanese-Japanese inventor pioneered a way to make them at home. In this episode, we taste six different ramen noodle packages.
- ichiban sapporo - http://www.sanyofoods.co.jp/
- nissin - http://www.nissinfoods.com/
- no name - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_Name_(brand)
- nong shim - http://eng.nongshim.com/eng/main.jsp
- mr. noodles kimchi - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mr._Noodles
- 101 things to do with ramen noodles - http://www.amazon.com/101-Things-Do-Ramen-Noodles/dp/1586857355
Want more photos? Check out our album on facebook - http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=11382&id=1725355827